Commercial Aquatics Australia – Kambalda Aquatic Centre 2019
Kwikcut was engaged to complete the demolition works to the existing aquatic centre in Kambalda. Additionally, we were contracted to complete the concrete repair works, concrete injection to the gutters, waterproofing system to the balance tanks, backwash tanks and a combiflex bandage system.
● We were required to remove all the existing tiles, screed, and plaster. We then cut and removed all the surrounding head walls.
● Once this was completed, we repaired all the drummy/spalled areas in the concrete shell using Nitobond Ep and Renderroc HB 40.
● We sandblasted, primed the steel using Nitoprime.
● Zincrich Epoxy and primed the surrounding concrete using Nitobond EP. Patching was then completed utilising Renderroc, which was built up in layers.
● The combiflex bandage system was then installed along all the existing control joints in the floors and walls. Approx. 250 lineal metres was completed.
● Project was delivered on time with the client’s budget.
● Ongoing works for Acorp on the Kambalda site as a result of performance.
● Completion internal coating and waterproofing of balance tanks, backwash tanks and gutters.