NRW Civil and Mining – South Flank Mine Site 2019/2020
Kwikcut was engaged by NRW to rectify multiple grout tubes that had become misaligned during some of the concrete pours at the South Flank Project in Newman.
● We designed a 45-degree nozzle for the end of our sandblasting unit and drafted a methodology for the rectification process.
● The process began with scanning to locate the largest diameter reinforcement and all critical reinforcement, which was to be avoided during the core drilling process.
● We scanned all the areas required to be remediated and supplied a detailed report to the on-site engineering team. Once the core drilling was approved, the works commenced.
● We finished all the core drilling and began the sandblasting works to create micro-keying to the surfaces inside the cored holes.
● A Multifaceted project which included issues with reinforcement clashes, overcome by using ground penetrating radar to avoid cutting reinforcement.
● Due to performance on site additional works were completed for Cape Utilities and Melcor.